Tuesday, March 5, 2013

egg-citing!!!

WE HAVE EGGS!!!!!!
I screamed with excitement.
Seriously.
This morning I went up to check their food and water.
I changed out the water.
And then I glanced over at one of the nesting areas.

Two eggs!

I ran down to show my husband and the kids.
My husband had already left.
My son thought his Dad probably put them there 
to play a little joke on me.
Which momentarily completely burst my bubble.

So I called.
Nope.
Not a joke.
And again,  I screamed with joy.
Just two weeks old.
To today... nearly 7 months later.
our very own EGGS!
Praise the Lord.
Really, I know you experienced farmers out there 
probably think I'm over-reacting.
But this is all so new to me.
And the whole process has just been amazing.
God is amazing.
And eggs are amazing.

And I just had to document our first scrambled eggs
from our very own backyard chickens.

In the last six months or so
each of my kids have decided they no longer like eggs.
They've refused to eat them.
Especially my son.

And I kept saying, when we start having our own,
you WILL LIKE THEM again.

And so we split these two eggs four ways this morning.

And each of them declared..they were SO GOOD.

Another praise.

Counting my blessings this morning.
And just so thankful.
Doing a little happy dance here.

And my eight year old said, 
"Mom, you're not excited, you're egg-cited."

Now that's a good one.

And because I'm feeling sentimental...here's a little walk down memory lane
with our little chicks. 
Lucy, Belle & Hannah
Sweet girls.
(If you recall, poor little Charlotte didn't make it
her beak was crossing wrong and despite my
efforts to syringe feed her, she didn't survive)
On Friday we went up to hang this piece of art she made in art class, specifically for the chickens.
And she specifically hunted for a frame from a thrift store just for her art.
And this little lady has no fear when it comes to scooping them up.
I'm just over the moon happy to have them as part of our family.

This verse came to mind, even in the 
lovingkindness of fresh eggs in the morning.

"The LORD's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

485. eggs!
486. sweet chicks
487. lemonade
488. memorizing
489. new mercies
490. the freedom to vote

1 comment:

Kim said...

So fun! eggcellent!

Post a Comment