Thursday, March 22, 2012

embracing girly-ness

Oh goodness.
Can I tell you how I generally avoid these kinds of parties.
I'm not super into dressing up girls like little adults..at all.
But my littlest was invited to a place called Olivia's Dollhouse for a tea party.
And so we headed out in the pouring rain for some one on one time.
She very carefully chose her dress.
And so adoringly sat there to have her hair and make up done.
And then she decided that Mommy should dress up too.
Again, my first thought was oh no.  I don't need to dress up.
But she said, "Mommy please???" in that sweet little voice of hers
that I know will fade away all too soon.
And so I let her pick me a dress.
It was actually quite cute.
I was having serious prom flashbacks.
And do you know, I actually had a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Traci said...

And you both look perfect =D I'm not much of a girly girl but this looks like fun!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

so cute! My kids just went to a superheroes birthday party and got to dress up.. now all my daughter keeps asking me for is a princess party!

Moments and Impressions said...

That is way better than prom - how sweet.

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Aww that's so sweet! Beautiful mama and daughter moment.
{Found you through Embrace the Camera today!}

:)

Post a Comment