Wednesday, October 26, 2011

bless her heart


 Each week as we drive to bible study, we pass this pumpkin patch.
Each week little lady #2 asks if we can go.
I have said, "Maybe this weekend" a few too many times.
So this past week when she asked and subsequently prayed to Jesus
that the rain would stop so we could stop by after bible study.
I said ok.
And her sheer excitement was palpable.
She was jumping for joy.
How could I deny her?
We were the only people there on this dreary cloud laden day.
But they roasted a special ear of corn just for her.
And she got the petting zoo all to herself.
She was squealing with delight.
 Saying hello to each of the animals.
 And them to her.
 Not even flinching when they tried to nibble on her shirt or hair.  She thought it was funny.
I'm not so sure I would have had the same reaction as a child.
By the way did you know that every donkey is marked with a cross along it's back?
I just learned this recently. 
No idea how I have never learned this fact.
Marked where Mary sat, on her journey to Bethlehem 
and later where Jesus rode on Palm Sunday.
I think that's pretty amazing.
And this afternoon, Audrey excitedly told me she made me lunch.
It was a gift from her to me.
This is what I found waiting for me.
Complete with a sweet paper plate and napkin.
A nice assortment don't you think?
She naturally has such a servants heart. 
And has a way of making everyone's day a little brighter.

"...in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, 
but also to the interests of others.
Have this mind among yourselves, 
which is yours in Christ Jesus,"
Philippians 2:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment