Thursday, April 7, 2011

embrace the camera - april 7

I'm camera-less.
Ouch.
Never realized how much it feels like a missing appendage.
My husband took it with him on an out of state job.
I didn't realize it was leaving too.
There are pictures I didn't download to the computer yet.
So I feel a little like something is missing.
Of course I'm missing my husband too.
Especially because out of nowhere this afternoon
the little one developed a 103 plus fever.
The middle one melted down 
and wouldn't stay at ballet with a friend of mine.
And the oldest, is pushing boundaries and losing privileges.

Isn't that how it always happens when Daddy leaves?

Mommy needs a calgon-take-me-away moment.
Do you remember those commercials?
I know I'm dating myself. 
But I do.


Ok.. so here we are leaving church on Sunday.
My husband was inspired to capture this moment when he turned around and saw us all together.  So fortunately he emailed it to me and now I have a photo to 
'embrace' the camera with.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm in constant need of a calgon-take-me-away moment. ;o) ESPECIALLY so when daddy is out of town. I had one of those weeks last week. Precious lil' photo of you guys leaving church! Enjoy your weekend!

Tracey said...

Yes, I remember the Calgon commercial - and quote it frequently! ;) I can definitely identify with the strange feeling of being camara-less.

Hope you have a nice weekend!

Kara @ June & Bear said...

I would be lost without my camera too. I had a mini-panic attack when I thought I lost the cord to transfer the photos to the computer this week. Cute pic.

Post a Comment