Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quiet Joy


This morning I was in the kitchen, having my quiet time.  The house was still.


Or so I thought.


I finished and walked out to head to the bedrooms to find all three of my kids (have you noticed my son conveniently runs away when it's picture time) were quietly sitting there staring at the tree.


And there is our very poofy Bella in desperate need of a haircut. :)


It was another childhood flashback.


Do you remember how the lights mesmerized you.


How the excitement of what was to come filled every ounce of your being.


I remember this place they're in and I love that I get to feel it again through them.


So that's my Joy #61 in the 100 Reasons For Joy challenge.


I also love that they were so quiet right next to each other.  


They told me they'd been up for awhile.


Not saying a word.  Not a peep.






Joy #62 was watching my two bigger kids in their Christmas show tonight.  My son always thinks he needs to hunch down when he takes pictures with his sisters.  I guess because he's so much taller than them.


The show was adorable.


One down, one more to go.   


And now I return to working on the cards.  Have I mentioned there are 300 of them... that is why this is an ongoing job.  My husband likes to send them to clients as well as friends and family.  Then there are our children's friends too... oh how the list has grown.  But it's a blessing, I'm not complaining.  I just want to be able to officially check it off the list. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment