Thursday, November 18, 2010

Warriors For God



I need reminders A LOT.  Reminders for bringing preschool snack, for birthday presents, for appointments.  This mommy multi-tasking brain needs post it notes, giant calendars and text messages just so I 'don't forget.'  


But most of all, I need reminders for the TRUTH.  Seriously, how often do those darts attack your mind and make you doubt or forget what God says and the power you have in Him.


That is one of the many reasons I wanted to make this scripture painting from Ephesians about the armor of God.  I really wish I had room to put the entire scripture up there.

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.  

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
Ephesians 6:10-17

I call her my warrior girl.  She reminds me to take up my sword and fight!  

I know most of you reading this probably already know what the armor of God symbolizes, but in case this isn't something you've learned about already I'd love to share this link that explains it in more detail.  I used this website with a story and craft activities to teach my kids about the armor of God a few years ago. 

I once had a friend who is also a Christian speaker say, "Ladies we're going out to battle putting our flimsy sundresses on and we're getting clobbered.  We must put on our armor every single day.  Don't take a step out of bed before thinking about arming yourself."  

How often do we forget this?  The great thing is, every day is a new day and we get a new chance to suit up.  Isn't it awesome that we have this strength that is not our own to draw upon.  I know I couldn't get through anything without knowing my Lord goes before me.

"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron."
Isaiah 45:2

"If God is for us, who can be against us."  
Romans 8:31

I'm getting closer to opening an etsy shop selling these prints under willow of wonder.  This has been a dream of mine for a couple of years (it was derailed a bit by the enemy's schemes), but praise God I think it'll be open by December first.   I see this opportunity as a 'beauty from ashes' for me and a small way to share the gospel.

I've been burning the candle a bit at both ends. But I'm just so happy doing it and praise God I've had the energy and His strength and guidance through this.  I can't wait to share it with you!

I'm linking this to YOU:Create, so head over there and see the other  posts.




3 comments:

curlyQdesign said...

I love her!

kimberle said...

Jackie! She's fab! Now I need to find a girl to give it to! ;-) Maybe me!!

christine said...

i soooo need reminders too!!! I love your work...

Post a Comment